Many organizations don’t need full-time experts on staff.
Compliance and risk management are not one-time events, but rather an ongoing process. Frequently, a healthcare organization or business associate finds that they require security/cybersecurity and/or data privacy expertise; however, they cannot justify hiring a full-time credentialed employee. For many organizations, the challenge is to find a qualified resource with healthcare experience, in-depth knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements, and industry frameworks.
tw-Security’s Virtual Information Security Officer (VISO) or Virtual Security/Privacy Officer (VSPO) works across all business and functional units to ensure a strategic and comprehensive approach in mitigating operational risks. The VSPO service provides the organization with a team of security and privacy experts. We also can provide you with a Virtual Compliance or Internal IT Auditor. Our right-sized flexible methodology is customized to accommodate diverse organizations and budgets.
Our team of experts makes your team stronger.
- Average more than 25 years of experience and have either served/functioned as a Corporate Information Security Officer or Privacy Officer for a large healthcare system
- Have experience with multiple standards, frameworks, and regulatory requirements, and in dealing with OCR investigators and contract auditors for CMS
- Are nationally recognized experts and frequent contributors to professional organizations
Consider tw-Security to be a “fresh set of eyes” to evaluate your processes, policies, and planning (strategic and remediation). We quickly assess your current capabilities and resources to assist in the development of a prioritized plan to work behind the scenes on remediation tasks as an extension of your workforce.
Utilizing a disciplined approach, the VSPO service allows us to maintain your security and privacy programs to comply with regulatory requirements, standards, and industry best practices (HIPAA, PCI DSS, state breach notification laws, HICP, etc.)
This service provides documented efforts that support your compliance “Book of Evidence.” Our credentialed professionals support the ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures.
A tailored, cost-effective solution designed to provide:
- Program governance oversight – Our VISO/VSPO service supports GRC (Governance, risk, and compliance) oversight activities to keep your programs moving forward including:
- Oversight committee participation with an agenda and minutes
- Compliance evaluation of multiple regulations, standards, and frameworks
- Executive and Board-level presentations
- Guidance and hands-on support – Serving as a consultant, we will provide a “hands-on” approach following your direction for activities that need to be performed to improve and maintain your cybersecurity, privacy, and compliance programs. Our methodology assures that your limited resources are being applied to manage risk to an acceptable level and address compliance issues.
- Expertise when needed – Our credentialed experts provide program leadership continuity. We provide help as needed through emails or scheduled calls.
- Accountability to executive management – We communicate program and project status to key stakeholders and assist in removing project barriers.
- Efficient and effective proprietary tools – We tailor and test our tools to effectively and efficiently deliver results. We have developed policies, procedures, and plans to align with multiple industry and regulatory requirements.
Working in Partnership – In contrast to firms that only provide assessments, tw-Security actively partners with multiple customers to develop, monitor, maintain, and improve their security and privacy programs. We accomplish this through our managed service by providing hands-on support and ongoing advisory services, some for over 14 years!
The role of the Privacy Officer continues to grow in importance.
Over time, we have seen the Privacy Officer take on additional responsibilities as health care organizations face increasing challenges. Our virtual privacy officer service is customized to accommodate diverse organizations, from a large academic medical center to a start-up business associate.
Our privacy professionals can support the activities related to creating, sustaining, or advancing the privacy program. Our expertise is focused on the privacy of and access to patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws. We ensure organizational policies, procedures, and training meet privacy requirements. This flexible offering provides disciplined recurring support.
Projects are agreed upon with consideration of your budget.
tw-Security aligns our project management practices and standards with the principles and methodologies of the Project Management Institute (PMI). We embrace disciplines to successfully manage a project. The procedures, techniques, tools, and deliverables support meeting our customers’ project goals. Following project management practices and standards, we adhere to our customers’ schedules and budgets.
Virtual Officer: Security/Privacy/Compliance Service Overview