Please Welcome Kathy O’Neil
tw-Security is pleased to announce that Kathy O’Neil has joined our team as Senior Security Consultant.
Senior Security Consultant Kathy Elliott O’Neil, CHC, RP-CMMC has over 30 years in information technology and information security, privacy, and compliance.
Kathy excels at evaluating requirements and defining operational and business objectives for healthcare systems and projects.
Key areas of expertise:
Design, implementation, and management of strategies to ensure compliance and alignment with federal and state regulations, frameworks, and standards in compliance regulatory framework environments including NIST, CMMC (800-171), SOC2, CSF, HIPAA, GDPR, DFARS, and others.
- Executive organizational risk management and security expert
- Director-level experience developing business strategy and navigating compliance and regulatory requirements while executing improvement across diverse business ecosystems
- Specialist at ensuring organizational advancement, strategic implementation, and risk management of compliance frameworks in a variety of industries of all sizes
- Developed, implemented, and led project teams addressing organizational needs for compliance, security, application/software vendors (billing, scheduling, LMS, medical records, etc.) and specific projects (PCI compliance, disaster planning, incident management, hardware, etc.)
- Performed, and managed compliance and security assessments, defined business requirements, conducted risk analysis, audits, and managed vendor management programs
- Developed and managed compliance and audit teams, product development, strategic planning, privacy, security, vulnerabilities, policies, processes, standards and governance structures for organizations in industries including healthcare, banking, manufacturing, and local and county governments
- Experience in creating project charters, defining scope, critical success factors, and deliverables, creating work breakdown structures, schedules, budgets, and reports, and communicating with stakeholders
- Experienced with documenting system capabilities, writing specifications and use cases, and capturing processes, procedures, and policies
- Helps implement technology solutions and clearly communicates plans, statuses, and progress reporting to all stakeholders, facilitators, and partners
- B.S. Human Ecology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Executive Education Series, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
CERTIFICATIONS and PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Certified in Health Care Compliance and Registered Practitioner for Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (Department of Defense)
- Former – Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer
“Kathy O’Neil came to us highly recommended by our partner Talus Solutions. tw-Security is fortunate to have someone of Kathy’s caliber join our team. Her calm, professional demeanor makes working with her a delight. Glad to have you on our team, Kathy!”
–Tom Walsh, Founder and Managing Partner, tw-Security
Welcome aboard, Kathy!