Please Welcome Jill Burrington-Brown
December 20, 2022
tw-Security is pleased to announce that Jill Burrington-Brown has joined our team as Senior Privacy/Security Consultant.
Jill Burrington-Brown, MS, RHIA, FAHIMA, a tw-Security Senior Privacy/Security Consultant, brings nearly 40 years of data privacy/compliance and educator experience to her new role
Jill specializes in privacy/compliance program development and management, risk management, and professional development. She is an experienced author and skilled presenter.
- Former Privacy Officer at Skagit Regional Health, Mount Vernon, Washington, a multi-site healthcare organization
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive privacy program, including compliance monitoring
- Former Director, Quality Improvement and Health Information Management (HIM) at EvergreenHealth, Kirkland, WA, a multi-facility healthcare organization
- Responsible for Medical Staff Services, Quality Assurance Department, Risk Management, and the Medical Record Department.
- Formerly with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA): held leadership and instructional faculty positions at the state and national level
- Focused on advancing best practices and standards for health information management
- As an educator and advisor, she has researched and presented extensively on health information security and privacy trends
- Former Assistant Professor, Health Information Technology Program at Missouri Western State University, Joseph, Missouri,
- Developed and delivered curriculum in Legal Concepts in Health Care, including Privacy and HIPAA; Health Care Delivery Systems; Management Principles for the Healthcare Professional; and Health Data Content and Structure I and II.
- Former – Shoreline Community College, Seattle, Washington, Tenured Professor, Health Care Information Programs
- Programs include Health Information Technology, Medical Reimbursement, and Medical Transcription. Developed and implemented curriculum in Health Care Law, including Privacy and Security, Hospital Coding, Medical Transcription, Quality Improvement/Risk Management, and Health Care Delivery Systems
- Former Law Clerk/Paralegal at McIntyre & Barns Law Firm, Seattle, Washington
“Jill is a wonderful addition to our privacy team. A colleague and friend of mine for over 20 years, Jill has that special gift to combine expertise and experience with thoughtful consideration of others. Our customers quickly derive substantial value from her advisory skills.”
–Tom Walsh, Founder and Managing Partner, tw-Security
Welcome aboard, Jill!