Please Welcome Evert Berndt
tw-Security is pleased to announce that Evert Berndt has joined our team as Senior Security Consultant.
Mr. Berndt brings over 40 years of experience in IT, with over 35 years of IT leadership and delivery of strategic initiatives, and 10 years of risk management, cybersecurity, privacy, and business continuity/disaster recovery.
His key areas of expertise are: policy and governance for cybersecurity, privacy, and data risk, risk assessment, risk management, and business continuity/disaster recovery.
- Former Senior Director, Information Risk Management at Northwestern Mutual, a Fortune 100 insurance and financial services company
- Developed vision and strategy to protect and enable business operations while providing essential riskmanagement outcomes.
- Established NIST Cybersecurity Framework-based information protection program. Defined, implemented, and managed regulatory policies, standards, and controls, providing threat response and business enablement.
- Chaired information protection governance committee to drive awareness and understanding of risk and enforce policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provided awareness and console to CISO and senior leaders to enable risk-aware decisions.
- Partnered with process owners across all levels of the organization communicating needs and urgency to ensure a “right thing in a reasonable way” approach.
- Defined roadmaps and secured funding to modernize legacy tools to improve identity management and access control capabilities.
- Increased maturity and effectiveness of disaster recovery program to improve predictability and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Former Business Architect at Northwestern Mutual: Developed roadmaps to accelerate business and technology strategies for core business lines and supporting business capabilities (Life and Annuity Products, Long Term Care, Disability Income, Actuarial, New Business, and Underwriting Standards departments). Ensured alignment of interrelated technology efforts across departments, providing trusted advice to senior business leaders and technologists. Enabled business capabilities through efficient use of technology.
- Former IT Project Delivery and Support Manager at Northwestern Mutual: Led teams delivering large corporate projects and providing 24/7 support for critical departments. Improved business relationships through focus on business partnerships and continuous improvement of technology systems performance and reliability.
“We are exceedingly fortunate to have Evert join our team. His wisdom, experience, and attention to detail is evident in his work. Evert is top notch consultant and a fantastic team member!”
–Tom Walsh, Founder and Managing Partner, tw-Security
Welcome aboard, Evert!