Leadership You Can Trust.
We have the hands-on experience you need to meet tomorrow’s security/privacy challenges today.
Tom Walsh, CISSP
- Founded the firm in 2003
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) in good standing since 1997 (certification #4080)
- Serving as the cybersecurity and data privacy consultant for several covered entities and business associates
- Conducted his first risk analysis in 1992 (by contrast, NIST published its first guidelines ten years later, in 2002)
- Known for developing a reasonable, practical approach to information security using tried and tested methods and tools
- Served as an expert witness for multiple legal firms
- Co-authored four books published by the AMA, AHIMA, and HIMSS
- Selected to be a speaker at the HIMSS Annual Conference for 15 consecutive years
Email: Tom Walsh
What makes tw-Security different?
All our consultants have hands-on experience working in the healthcare industry. They are nationally-recognized experts in their fields, with all the critical certifications necessary to provide you with superior service.
That industry knowledge and expertise is supported by a cross-functional, highly skilled, experienced technical team.
We measure the success of the engagement by the quality of the deliverables, adherence to timelines and budget, and first and foremost: your satisfaction.
A tw-Security executive will serve on your engagement team. We have no “junior consultants” on our staff.
We assign multiple specialists to each project to deliver a quality engagement, and work behind the scenes as an extension of your workforce. Weekly progress reviews ensure that we will quickly detect and seamlessly resolve any issues that may arise.
All of those unique talents and capabilities make us the best choice to be your vendor partner.
- Average more than 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- Served/functioned as a Corporate Information Security Officer or Privacy Officer for a large healthcare system.
- Are skilled in the requirements of multiple standards, frameworks, and regulations.
- Are experienced in dealing with OCR investigators and contract auditors for CMS.
- Actively assist multiple customers to guide and develop, monitor, maintain, and improve their HIPAA and cybersecurity programs.
- Provide advisory, hands-on support, and managed services.
- Support diverse entities with an understanding of healthcare operational and organizational practices.
- Are all recognized national experts and frequent contributors to professional associations.
- Are sought after by industry organizations and the media for their expert perspectives on current cybersecurity, data privacy, and compliance issues and trends.
About the Experts:
Joe D. Gillespie, MHS, RHIA, CHPS, Senior Privacy/Security Consultant
Joe brings over 50 years of patient privacy experience and 20+ years’ experience with HIPAA Security.
He has received multiple awards and held many posts in both national and state organizations and is well known in the Health Information Management (H.I.M.) profession.
Joe D. Gillespie specializes in conducting HIPAA privacy and breach management program evaluations, merger and acquisition due diligence, ongoing HIPAA Programs guidance, risk analysis, policies and procedures, and preparing customers for regulatory and industry standards audits. […]
Shelli Crocker, CISSP, Senior Security Consultant
Shelli is ready to help protect your data and information resources with more than 30 years of experience in hospital and academic medical center environments, and over 23 years of information security expertise in providing virtual security officer and cybersecurity advisory services for covered entities and business associates.
Her areas of expertise include risk assessment, access auditing, compliance investigation, policy development, and more. […]
Evert Berndt, Senior Security Consultant
Evert brings over 40 years of IT experience, including over 35 years of IT leadership and delivery of strategic initiatives, and expertise gained from 10 years in risk management, cybersecurity, privacy, and business continuity/disaster recovery.
Evert’s key areas of expertise are: policy and governance for cybersecurity, privacy, and data risk, risk assessment, risk management, and business continuity/disaster recovery. […]
Jill Burrington Brown, MS, RHIA, FAHIMA, Senior Privacy/Security Consultant
Jill offers nearly 40 years of multidisciplinary experience to tw-Security clients, as a program developer, educator, presenter, and author.
Jill is an expert in the development and oversight of data privacy, compliance, and risk management programs. […]
Mikki Massey, MHA, CHC, CHPC, Senior Privacy/Security Consultant
Mikki has over 40 years of experience in hospitals, home health, skilled nursing facilities and health plans, and over 25 years of experience with HIPAA privacy and security. Additionally, she is an expert in HIPAA program development and operations.
Mikki is a specialist in data privacy, and is experienced in the preparation of regulatory policy, procedures, and plans for demonstration of regulatory compliance to target audiences. […]
Kathy Elliott O’Neil, CHC, RP-CMMC, Senior Security Consultant
Kathy has over 30 years of accomplishments in information technology and information security, privacy, and compliance, excelling at evaluating requirements and defining operational and business objectives for healthcare systems and projects.
Kathy’s key areas of expertise include the design, implementation, and management of strategies to ensure compliance and alignment with federal and state regulations, frameworks, and standards in compliance regulatory framework environments. […]
Ward Mosser, CISM, CvCISO® Level 2, Senior Security Consultant
Ward Mosser is a seasoned Senior Security Consultant with over 28 years of dedicated service in Information Technology and Security in small to mid-sized healthcare environments. He brings a robust blend of technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Ward’s key areas of expertise include risk assessment, security controls analysis and cybersecurity advisory services.
Eileen Kittleson, Data Coordinator
Eileen is tw-Security’s secret weapon!
Eileen keeps our operations on track with over 30 years of financial, accounting, program/project management support, coordination, scheduling, project tracking, quality, and logistics experience.